Tuesday 4 December 2012

The Toon V Wigan: Tips Round-Up

My Tips For Newcastle United V Wigan Athletic: Round-Up


Every match I give myself 100 points to place a few hypothetical bets on Newcastle and 100 points to place a few general football bets using the odds available from SkyBet.com.  I then compare how the two sets of bets perform and analyse whether it's better to bet with your heart or your head.

Thankfully, a comfortable victory meant that I was overly cautious with my predictions which performed badly for the third consecutive week.  Getting back to the match, we were helped when Wigan went down to ten men early on, but nevertheless it was a more encouraging performance than we've seen recently.  Elsewhere, my general football tips sneaked a profit for the seventh consecutive week.

This is the breakdown on how my general football tips performed...

West Brom V Stoke - Match Result:
25 points on West Brom at 2.05 - LOSS

Arsenal V Swansea - Double Chance:
20 points on Swansea Or Draw at 2.5 - WIN 50 points

West Ham V Chelsea - Match Result:
15 points on Draw at 3.5 - LOSS

Peterborough V Blackpool - Match Result:
25 points on Blackpool at 2.25 - WIN 56 points

Crystal Palace V Brighton - Match Result:
15 points on Draw at 3.4 - LOSS

Making an overall return of 106 points and therefore an overall profit of 6 points. 


As previously mentioned, my general football tips have now made a profit for seven consecutive weeks.  To put things in perspective, I don't go for speculative 4-3 predictions (I try to play it safe) so I'm only scraping a modest profit, but it would seem to suggest that it's maybe better to bet objectively with your head rather than with your heart.  The head to head running totals between my two sets of tips currently stand at:

Newcastle tips – 5
General football tips – 7

As usual I'll be skipping the Europa League match against Bordeaux on Thursday, and instead making my next set of tips for the Fulham game on Monday.


Footnote: Demba Ba's 2nd goal last night was the 21,000th scored in the Premier League. 


Disclaimer:  A small bet can make the match more exciting but gambling can be a risky business so never bet more than you can afford to lose.  The safest way to bet is with a free bet, so if you'd like the chance to claim a totally free £10 bet then sign up to SkyBet today using the banner link below:

skybet.com

Legal Note: This page contains affiliate banner links.

No comments:

Post a Comment