Tuesday 25 December 2012

The Toon V QPR: Tips Round-Up

My Tips For Newcastle United V QPR: Round-Up


Every match I give myself 100 points to place a few hypothetical bets on Newcastle and 100 points to place a few general football bets using the odds available from SkyBet.com.  I then compare how the two sets of bets perform and analyse whether it's better to bet with your heart or your head.

Our win over QPR was just about the only thing I managed to predict correctly last weekend.  This is how things went with my Toon tips...

Match Result:
10 points on Newcastle United at 2.05 - WIN 21 points
Thankfully, Shola's late goal meant that QPR's four match unbeaten run came to an end.

Team Bets: 
20 points on Both Teams To Score In 2nd Half at 3.25 - LOSS
Our second clean sheet in our last four league games ensured that this was a losing bet.

Both Teams To Score:
20 points on both teams to score at 1.67 - LOSS

Double Chance:
20 points on Newcastle or Draw at 1.3 - WIN 26 points

Our victory meant that QPR are still without an away win in the league this season. 

First Goalscorer: 
10 points on Demba Ba at 5.0 - LOSS

To Score In 90 Minutes:
20 points on Demba Ba at 2.0 - LOSS

Making an overall return of 47 points from 100 points and therefore an overall loss of 53 points.


My general football tips were a complete wash-out this week which means that despite a run at one stage of seven successive profitable weeks for my general tips, my Toon tips have now levelled things up in the head to head running totals:

Newcastle tips – 7.5
General football tips – 7.5

With our Boxing Day trip to Old Trafford coming up I have to admit that I'm not overly confident, so seeing as how I don't want to be a Traitorelli with my tips, I'm therefore going to skip the Man United game and instead make my tips later in the week for the Arsenal match on Saturday.


Disclaimer:  A small bet can make the match more exciting but gambling can be a risky business so never bet more than you can afford to lose.  The safest way to bet is with a free bet, so if you'd like the chance to claim a totally free £10 bet then sign up to SkyBet today using the banner link below:

skybet.com

Legal Note: This page contains affiliate banner links.

No comments:

Post a Comment