Thursday 13 December 2012

Newcastle United V Manchester City (15/10/12)

My Tips For The Toon V Man City


Every match I give myself 100 points to place a few hypothetical bets on Newcastle and 100 points to place a few general football bets using the odds available from SkyBet.com.  I then compare how the two sets of bets perform and analyse whether it's better to bet with your heart or your head.

My run of seven consecutive profitable weeks for my general football tips came to an end last week, so I'll see if I can get back to winning ways again this week.  But first, here are my Toon tips for our match against Man City... 

Match Result:
30 points on Draw at 3.8
Man City are understandably the odds on favourites, but given that the point of this blog is to test whether it's wiser to bet with your heart or your head, there's no point therefore predicting that we'll get beat.  If I'm looking for positive signs then Man City have drawn 4 of their 7 league away games this season and they've also stuttered in the league recently, winning only one of their last four league matches.

Team Total Goals:
20 points on Newcastle to score exactly 1 goal at 2.5
We've managed one goal in 3 of our last 5 league matches and against Man City I can't see the floodgates opening, so one Toon goal seems like a reasonable bet.

Team Bets: 
20 points on Both Teams To Score In 2nd Half at 3.25
3 of our last 5 league matches have seen both teams score in the 2nd half.

First Goalscorer: 
10 points on Demba Ba at 7.5
Demba Ba has scored 5 goals in his last 6 league appearances at St James Park, so I'm going to go for a small bet for him to be first goalscorer at 7.5 and follow this up with a bet on him to score at any time.

To Score In 90 Minutes:
20 points on Demba Ba at 3.0


As already mentioned, my run of seven consecutive profitable weeks for my general football tips came to an end last week, so hopefully I can get back to winning ways again with the following set of tips... 

Norwich V Wigan - Match Result:
25 points on Norwich at 2.1

Tottenham V Swansea - Double Chance:
25 points on Swansea or Draw at 2.25

Stoke V Everton - Match Result:
20 points on Draw at 3.3 

QPR V Fulham - Match Result:
15 points on Draw at 3.4

Dundee United V Inverness CT - Match Result:
15 points on Inverness CT at 3.4

I'll check back after the weekend to see how my tips perform.


N.B. Just as a footnote, two bets worth a mention are Sunderland to be relegated with QPR and Reading which is currently available at odds of 10.0, and Demba Ba to be Top Premier League Goalscorer at odds of 15.0.


Disclaimer:  A small bet can make the match more exciting but gambling can be a risky business so never bet more than you can afford to lose.  The safest way to bet is with a free bet, so if you'd like the chance to claim a totally free £10 bet then sign up to SkyBet today using the banner link below:

skybet.com

Footnote: All odds were correct at the time of publication but are subject to change.

Legal Note: This page contains affiliate banner links.

No comments:

Post a Comment